1. How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you make an inquiry or order in relation to goods or services through our website located at http://dashdogwash.com.au/ (Website), including through the:
- ‘Find Quote and Book’ option on our Website;
- ‘Book a Wheeler’ option on our Website;
- ‘Customer Feedback’ survey on our Website; and
- Enquiry form on the ‘Franchise Opportunities’ page on our Website.
- in administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- when you contact us via telephone or facsimile;
- from correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- through any mobile applications provided by our organisation;
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- when administering any of our services; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from publically available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, contractors, our clients and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, your postal address, email address, phone numbers and billing information. Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
3. Our purposes for handling your personal information
As a general rule, we only process personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable in the circumstances.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
- offer and provide you with our goods and services;
- manage and administer those goods and services, including account keeping procedures;
- communicate with you, including (but not limited to), emailing you tax invoices, dispatch and tracking information, returns and exchange authorisations;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise to manage our business.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
We may disclose personal information between our organisations or to third parties such as our suppliers, our franchisees, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
4. Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only those who need access to the personal information; most particularly your local operator. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
5. Direct marketing
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
7. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if it does not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
8. Overseas transfers of personal information
If in future we do propose to disclose personal information overseas, we will do so in compliance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. We will, where practicable, advise you of the countries in which any overseas recipients are likely to be located.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
9. Resolving personal information concerns
The Privacy Officer
Telephone: 1300 659 055
Email: eprivacy @ bluewheelers. com. au
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
The last update to this document was 27 August 2015.